The adventures of simone & ajax - page 3
| Simone & Ajax first appeared
in a series of short stories in the '90's. Some of these stories
can be expanded upon and turned into new novels, while there
are many new and previously untold adventures. Some of the predicaments
Simone & Ajax find themselves in:
- Their first adventure in which they meet in an art museum ravaged by
the battle between pudgy, winged babies (PWB's) seeking royalties
for all the reproductions of paintings they're in and the para-military
guards led by a mad scientist. This scientist is conducting
bizarre experiments on the PWB's to make them useful models
for modern art. Simone and Ajax
help the PWB's defeat the evil forces and get their due. At
the end, Ajax invites Simone to come live with him in the cathedral.
- They get sucked into the quest to find "The Big Sleeping Maltese Duck."
The last of the ancient line of Maltese Ducks has been stolen, but who has
the bird? And why is he always sleeping? Traveling to exotic locales and
meeting up with colorful characters as only 1940's Hollywood could inspire,
Simone and Ajax run up against a Sydney Greenstreet-type, a Fu Manchu-type,
a monocled German Count, a desert bandit chief, and a French nut who claims
he's the Pope. They eventually save the duck, Herriman Sprigg, who comes
to live with them (the 2 pages following this proposal are taken from this
- Each year Simone attempts to outwit Santa Claus and get more presents. The first of these stories introduces a group of lemmings who become their frequent companions.
- The Hollywood Adventure, in which Simone is lured away from Ajax by the bright lights of Tinseltown, while Ajax follows her, supporting himself by playing monsters in low-budget movies. They get involved with a fued between 2 powerful directors, Cecil B. DeMonkey and Erik von Strohsbusch, the perils re-uniting the two friends.
- They travel the high seas with pirates who swash when they should have buckled and end up feeding Simone and Ajax to a whale.
- Simone and Ajax zip off into outer space for other-worldly thrills that look more like classic Buck Rogers than Star Wars. In their quest to corner the market on the soon-to-be next-big-thing, the return of moonboots, they face D'bjah, the evil moon emperor.
- The Gothic Adventure, in which Simone and Ajax go to a haunted castle in Transylvania to confront Dracula and the Wolfman, and where they meet Bela and Boris, bickering twin bats, who follow them home.
- The Gaslight Adventure, in which they team with a Sherlock Holmes-type sleuth to solve a series of baffling crimes, all while the detective refuses to acknowledge Ajax's presence because, in fact, dinosaurs are extinct, and it is not possible nor logical that Ajax could exist.
- They find out about and contribute to the sinking of Atlantis, where Ajax finds himself hailed as a god, which brings down the wrath of Thebadara, the sorceress queen.
- After Ajax urges Simone to make something more of herself, Simone attends
Valkyrie school and takes them into the Ring of the Nibbledsmerphen adventure
dealing with peckish dragons and little blue creatures who all seem to be
missing an arm or a leg.
- Ajax pretends he's a tough-as-nails private eye, taking them into not-so-hardboiled cases involving masked penguins and an on-the-lam lamb.
- They also face trouble in the Barbarian era and duck hot lead in the Old West.